The SCOUT140-Ex and vb8 Vibration Analyzers provide the complete Vibration Analysis Package – Four-channel portable vibration analyzer with balancing. These are sophisticated, feature-packed instruments that remain intuitive in operation and flexible enough to suit every level of vibration analysis, from novice through to expert. The SCOUT140-Ex is certified for an ATEX Zone 2 hazardous rating, whereas the vb8 is rated for CSA Class 1, Division 2.
The Ascent software included contains the collective experience of over 25 years of expert in-depth machine fault analysis.
- Users new to a recorded vibration history can now establish a measurement program utilizing proven baseline values from ISO standards and The Proven Method from the Technical Associates of Charlotte.
- Experienced users can generate meaningful spectral alarm bands automatically rather than just relying on basic overall alarms or spectral band guesswork.
- Veteran analysts can objectively evaluate and compare their findings against a time-tested and proven historical foundation.
Ascent Level 2 Software
- Fully automated measurement parameter and alarm setups based on The Proven Method from the Technical Associates of Charlotte
- ISO 2372 and 10816 standards
Key Instrument Functionality
- 4 channel simultaneous recordings + tachometer input
- 12 800 lines FFT resolution
- Support for 80 kHz Fmax
- 1GB memory – Virtually unlimited spectra storage
- Modal Impact Testing and Cross Channel Spectrum (ODS)
- Ability to export data in Universal File Format (UFF) for additional analysis in ODS software such as Vibrant Technology ME’scope
- Support for acceleration, velocity, displacement, DC-coupled, current and voltage output sensors
- Simultaneous acquisition – 2 plane balancing with up to 4 sensors
- Unique Commtest 6Pack™ recording system
- Numeric parameter input via keypad with Ascent trend and alarm capability
- Cable Test mode
- Upgradable Proflash system and free firmware updates for 5 years
- Hazardous location certification
- SCOUT140-Ex: ATEX and IECEx Zone 2
- vb8: CSA Class 1 Division 2
- Option to add Flex features