The MSIM is an online monitoring system that helps keep motors running in optimum condition.
The Motor Stator Insulation Monitor (MSIM) is an online monitoring system that helps keep motors running in optimum condition.
The MSIM solution delivers the industry’s only continuous, direct measurement of stator winding capacitive and resistive leakage currents, offering a credible indication of motor availability and reliability. The system enables operations and reliability personnel to make effective and knowledgeable process rate decisions without damaging the motor
The MSIM’s patented technology helps deliver highly targeted and distinctive benefits. The system:
- Lowers total motor ownership and operating costs
- Reduces training investment
- Leverages existing 3500 Series technology for monitoring the driver and driven equipment
- Helps avoid or reduce the economic impact of motor replacement and repair
- Informs users of stress on motor and train and enables detailed monitoring while running until the process can be shut down in a controlled way Motor Stator Insulation Monitor fact sheet
- Provides the insight necessary to avoid secondary damage to the process that occurs in an emergency trip
- Offers critical data and diagnostics to help operators make smarter decisions when scheduling outages and implementing preventative maintenance programs