Accurate and objective diagnostics to help our customers solve their machinery problems.
GE’s Bently Nevada product line offers a comprehensive scope of machinery diagnostic services (MDS) through an experienced team of field engineers able to offer unbiased expertise on both rotating and reciprocating machinery, regardless of original equipment manufacturer. Delivering accurate and objective diagnostics to help our customers solve their machinery problems – we’ve been doing that for more than 30 years.
GE’s Bently Nevada product line offers a comprehensive scope of machinery diagnostic services (MDS) through an experienced team of field engineers able to offer unbiased expertise on both rotating and reciprocating machinery, regardless of original equipment manufacturer.
Repair & Maintenance
Whether you are installing a complete plant-wide condition monitoring system or just want some help instrumenting a machine. we can provide the services that meet your needs.
Pre/Post-Outage Assessment Services
Want to focus your efforts better during your next outage? We can help by assessing your machinery and other equipment, and assisting with planning the appropriate work on each asset based on its condition.
- Helps identify necessary maintenance, avoid unnecessary maintenance
- Focuses on Actionable Information® – what to work on, why to work on it, its relative priority, and root cause
- Rotor Dynamic Analysis including shaft/casing/ foundation vibration as appropriate, casing/foundation vibration correlation, and startup/shutdown data collection/analysis
- Lubrication Analysis
- Thermodynamic Performance Analysis
- Infrared Thermography Analysis
- Motor Current Analysis
- Reliability Analysis
- Can be custom-tailored to fit unique assets and situations
- Comprehensive documentation provided via Outage Assessment Service Report
A Pre-Outage Assessment is normally scheduled three to six months prior to an outage, allowing you adequate time to evaluate the report’s recommendations without jeopardizing schedules and deadlines. Outage durations can often be optimized because the scope of necessary work can be defined more precisely, unnecessary work can be eliminated, and planning can be more proactive.
Also included in the Outage Assessment Service is an audit of installed Bently Nevada hardware and software systems to determine their status, condition, and how well they are being applied.
To evaluate the effectiveness of the maintenance performed during the outage, it is also highly recommended to conduct a Post-Outage Assessment to document results. This is generally performed during startup.
Machinery Balance and Alignment Services
Our worldwide network of over 70 factory-trained engineers is available to provide these services:
- Balancing of complex, multi-speed, multi-plane turbomachinery.
- Rotor dynamic modeling and consulting
- Laser and optical alignments
Our experts can help solve your complex, balance-related issues, including foundation problems or combination misalignment issues. We even have the capability of making balancing weight placement recommendations remotely, eliminating the time and expense for an engineer to travel to site. These services are available on an as needed or contractual basis.