A PC software package for the assessment and simulation of noise exposure in work environments. Calculations are based on measurement data from Brüel & Kjær sound level meters and noise dose meters.
The software provides a range of tools to post-process noise profiles for specific locations or persons, and makes it easy to model different scenarios for ‘what if’ analysis.
- Making comparisons between measured, calculated, and permitted noise exposure values
- Corporate database for all occupational health matters related to noise exposure
- Identifying high-exposure areas and jobs for planning noise-reduction measures
- Direct data import from sound level meters Type 2236, 2237, 2238, 2239 and 2260
- Direct data import from noise dose meters Type 4442, 4443, 4444, 4445/4445-E and 4448
- Data presented in both graphical and tabular formats, exportable to spreadsheet programs or Windows® clipboard
- Noise sources assignable to workers according to their daily routine
- Drag-and-drop transfer of data between calculation sheets
- Fulfils ISO 9612 (1997), including sampling method
Both assessment and prediction
Not only does Protector provide a comprehensive tool-set for detailed evaluation of measurements, but with its ‘Working point’ and ‘Person’ model you can also take the measurements and simulate various work-day configurations to find the scenario with the lowest noise exposure.
Smart data extraction
In a Protector project, you can label any data record using keywords, e.g. age categories such as “over 45 years”. Then, when carrying out an analysis, you can specify to only include workers within a certain category.
A clear, complete overview
Protector makes it easy to display noise exposure results for several workers in one view, including cumulative and distribution curves of people that are affected.
Manufactures Website – www.bksv.com