For experimental stress analysis, HBM has introduced a series of strain gauges with pigtails, based on the series that has proved its worth in stress analysis, the Y-series. The pre-wired strain gages are provided with 40 mm-long teflon-insulated connection wires.
These strain gages are specifically customized with optional pigtail lengths (0.5 m to 10m) connected in 2, 3 or even 4-wire circuits. The modular principle introduced by HBM achieves maximum flexibility.
The option “Connection cable in 4-wire configuration with RJ11 plug” is available for the following strain gages:
- K-LY4…, K-XY3… and K-RY8…
- Cable lengths (in m), optionally: 0.5 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 / 7.5 / 10
- No soldering required on measuring point or cable end
- 4-wire configuration prevents incorrect measurement due to resistance changes in the plug
- Measurement without loss of time – measurement can start immediately after installation