Our technology partner CTC has developed high resonance (44kHz) elements suitable for both ultrasound fault detection techniques and general purpose acoustic range vibration measurement.
- General Purpose frequencies from .5Hz- 20kHz
- Ultrasonic frequencies above 20kHz
- Currently available in 10mV/g (UCB330) and 100mV/g (UEB330)
Benefits of High Frequency Measurements:
- Early detection of impacting and friction
- Positive identification of fault type
- Clean trending of fault over time
- Easier prediction of remaining bearing life
High frequency fault detection techniques rely on resonance amplification to pickup low energy stress waves in machine housings.
- Enveloping/ Demodulation
- Spike Energy