Partial Discharge and Infrared Detection Kit
Online Insulation Testing – PD Testing for Substations
PDStar is the ideal tool for condition-based maintenance programs. Online partial discharge testing is a method of inspecting the insulation of electric power systems while equipment remains energized and in service. PDetector incorporates all 5 types of online PD sensor technology. Information from multiple sensors gives PDetector the versatility to detect all types of PD in all types of substation apparatus. Furthermore, the exact type of PD activity can be determined using PRPS: void, corona, surface, particle, or floating electrode.
Infrared Technology has been applied with PD technology together by PDStar.
- Power Cables
- Substation Apparatus
Sensor Technology: Detection Bandwidth
- TEV – Transient Earth Voltage (built-in to the main handheld unit) 3MHz – 100MHz
- UHF – Ultra High Frequency – 300MHz – 1.5GHz
- HFCT – High Frequency Current Transformer 500kHz – 50MHz
Acoustic Sensors (AE)
- Acoustic Contact – 20kHz- 300kHz
- Airborne Ultrasonic – 40kHz
Infrared Image Sensor(Infrared)
Phase Resolved Partial Discharge (PRPD) – PD activity produces both electromagnetic and acoustic emissions. PRPD mode will automatically relate the occurrence of the incoming signals to the power frequency 60Hz (or 50Hz). This gives the user the ability to instantly determine if PD is present.
Software – Data Managment
PC Software is included. Enables you to build a network tree which includes all of the assets which are periodically tested. Each test file is stored and trended.
- Intelligent PD Recognition Software
- Trending – Programmable warnings and alarms
- CSV Data Export to other asset management software
- RFID – Radio Frequency Identification – Small RFID tags can be used to automatically associate test data with specific assets. Automated Data Entry
- Intelligent Patrol – Engineers can create a procedure with all test points in a list. The test point is selected on the list and the measurement data is stored and associate with the test point.
- Create reports in JPEG, Excel, or MS Word.
PD asset management capabilities: allows you to RFID tag all your electrical assets. The RFID tag (Radio Frequency Identification) can be attached to your specific MV and HV electrical assets and then use our Intelligent Patrol methodology.
This feature and method allows Predictive Maintenance information such as Asset ID #, substation name, and electrical asset name, current and historical Insulation condition values to be electronically scanned, stored and saved. It provides a new test number each time a new test is conducted on the electrical asset, produces reports and data sheets as well as housing this information on a windows based platform.
Training and Support
We include an online training session with purchase of PDetector. The live web session typically takes 4 hours for the user to be ready to use a PDetector.